Message from the President
The Rural Development Association, Wainem, Sadar Hills, Kangpokpi District, Manipur (RDA) was formed in the year 1999 and it was registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 in 2000 and Foreign Contribution Regulation Act in 2008 to work for Social Welfare, Development and Educational activities and established a school to impart education in our area. The Association has been taking up several developmental projects and developmental awareness programmes supported by Government of India and well wishers members since its inception.
RDA is registered as a non-profit making, non-political and non-governmental autonomous Association / Organization having its Rules & Regulations, vision, mission and objectives. The organization is working mainly to promote peace and harmony, spreading love and social welfare through developmental programmes.
To act as co-ordinating body between the weaker sections of rural populations government and any other statutory bodies level having common objectives. To remove ignorance and bringing economic, cultural, educational and social development and change the mindset of the rural populations particularly the tribals. To increase income and uplift living standard of the weaker sections of the rural population through development programmes taken up at grass root level.
The RDA is an institution of charity governed by Executive Committee with seven members. The Executive Committee is the eye of the association as governing with making policy administration, control over all activities and supervise the whole operation system of the association.
Our Association has appeal to all the individual, Government, NGO, National and International, etc. To kindly donate a legal fund for the uplipment of the poor, needy, and weaker section of the tribal people in the hilly region.
Aim and Objectives:
- The objects of the Socity are to promote education economic Social, Art & Culture, Customs, Traditional, Tourism, Industrial, Bio-informatic, Computer and Medical need to all persons irrespective Of Caste and Cread, Race, Sex, Colour and Religions and to remove the economical and Social Backwardness, to promote Self Help Group and skill upgradation in Rural area.
- To take up and implement directly or indirectly when and whenever necessary project rural health and sanitations rural water supply, rural housing and development like agriculture, Horticulture & Soil Conservation Rural electrification, road and communication in the Rural areas and development of environment and forest for the Welfare and prosperity of the Rural Community, Bio-Diversity and Preservation of Forest.
- To promote In the programme of animal husbandary, Health, Education, Training to health work and health services and food processing.
- To promote, assist and maintain Handloom and Handicraft, cottage industries, like cane bamboo and wasteland development in the RuralArea.
- To arrange for rehabilitation of drug addicts and to promote women & child.
- To take up Youth and Sport Development Activities by providing employment to the youth and organising national integration camp for unity.
- Entergrated programme for older persons like old age homes etc.
- To raise funds by receiving donation, subscription fee, fines etc. from member, public and other assistance both from Government and non-Govemment Organisation, National and International etc.